Vevo one of the largest music video streaming services, has launched a new installment of its annual review of the number of people who watch music videos. The review highlights the most watched music videos across the globe and in the United States.
The Weeknd’s “Save Your Tears” tops the charts both internationally as well as across the United States, with 615 million views across the globe as well as 102.9 millions views within the United States. The Weeknd’s wildly popular Superbowl performance, which included a string of Billboard Music Awards, Juno Awards as well as BRIT Awards victories, among other things, boosted “Save Your Tears” popularity which resulted in a significant year for the superstar.
With 556 million viewings “EL MAKINON” by Latin superstars Karol G, and Mariah Angeliq ranks #2 according to Vevo’s Global Top Ten Videos list. “Girl Like Me,” by the Black Eyed Peas and Shakira is ranked #3 at 519 millions views while Justin Bieber’s “Peaches,” starring Daniel Caesar and Giveon is number 4 having 442 million viewers. At 402 million viewers Lil Nas’s “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)” is the fifth most popular song.
Love classic hip hop, read our Del the Funky Homosapien article.
In the U.S., The Weeknd is closely followed with Lil Baby’s “On Me.” Lil Baby is Vevo’s most watched artist of the last season(770 million viewers). Vevo’s U.S. Top Viewed Videos chart is full of newcomers to the list that include Lil Nas X, Olivia Rodrigo, Polo G, and Coi Leray, who is also Lil Durk.
“Every calendar year, we anticipate releasing our most watched videos of 2021. As the world’s most popular music video platform for artists from all genres and stages of their careers It’s exciting to find out which videos were a hit and had an impact with our viewers,” said JP Evangelista SVP of Content Marketing and Programming, Vevo. “The Weeknd has had a outstanding year and topped both our Global charts as well as our U.S. charts with ‘Save Your tears. The must-watch clip is an excellent example of his creativity as he challenges boundaries and created something revolutionary for his followers.
Below find the Top 10 videos for both the US and International markets (source).
US Top Ten Videos By Views
- The Weeknd ‘Save Your Tears’ – 102.9M views
- Lil Baby ‘On Me’ – 94.0M views
- Lil Nas X ‘MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)’ – 91.3M views
- Polo G ‘Rapstar’ – 86.9M views
- DJ Khaled ft. Lil Baby, Lil Durk ‘EVERY CHANCE I GET’ – 80.0M views
- Olivia Rodrigo ‘drivers license’ – 79.9M views
- Olivia Rodrigo ‘good 4 u’ – 64.8M views
- Doja Cat ft. SZA ‘Kiss Me More’ – 63.2M views
- Coi Leray ft. Lil Durk ‘No More Parties [Remix]’ – 60.8M views
- Justin Bieber ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon ‘Peaches’ – 59.7M views
Global Top Ten Videos By Views
- The Weeknd ‘Save Your Tears’ – 615M views
- KAROL G, Mariah Angeliq ‘EL MAKINON’ – 556M views
- Black Eyed Peas, Shakira ‘GIRL LIKE ME’ – 519M views
- Justin Bieber ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon ‘Peaches’ – 442M views
- Lil Nas X ‘MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)’ – 402M views
- J Balvin, Maria Becerra ‘Qué Más Pues?’ – 384M views
- The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber ‘STAY’ – 371M views
- Sebastián Yatra, Myke Towers ‘Pareja de Año’ – 334M views
- KAROL G, Anuel AA, J Balvin ‘LOCATION’ – 331M views
- Olivia Rodrigo ‘drivers license’ – 325M views